Compounding combines the latest medical knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, allowing specially trained professionals to prepare customized medications to meet each patient's specific needs. Compounding was a standard means of providing prescription medications before drugs began to be produced in mass quantities by pharmaceutical manufacturers and continues to be fundamental to the profession of pharmacy.
The demand for professional compounding has increased as healthcare professionals and patients have realized that the limited number of strengths and dosage forms commercially available do not meet the needs of all patients. Many patients often have a better response to a customized dosage form that is "just what the doctor ordered".
Our compounding professionals can prepare:
• unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication
___for each individual
• medications in dosage forms that are not commercially
___available, such as transdermal gels, troches, "chewies",
• medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes,
___sugar, lactose, or alcohol
• combinations of various compatible medications into a single
___dosage form for easier administration and improved
• medications that are not commercially available